Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9- texture and decay

come stay! {9:365}














When the weekend is here I love to get out and do anything, now that I am doing my 365, I will be sure to be out and about scouting out some neat stuff around the valley.

Today my little found treasure was an old motel, it still had its base walls but not much else, but wow it was just so unique. I loved the way the walls have been made into art through the natural causes of damage. there were areas that looked like they could be displayed in a gallery.

While taking my pics I had a little issue with my 50mm but again I think its just me. I did play around with the settings on the camera. I decided to buy a little moleskine to carry with me, for ideas, photo notes, etc. I also decided to bust out my old Pentax slr. I have a couple of GREAT lenses for it, now I just need some film and some batteries and I will be good to go. I was a pro on that thing, I haven't used it in so many years. I think at least 1 week of my 365 project will shot with film!
I'm really loving holding myself accountable to taking 1 photo a day.

3 comments:

  1. I love the compositions, colours and textures, they are all amazing. There are so many stories behind each photograph, the mind boggles.

    Very impressed.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very first shot is my absolute favourite. This spot was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all, but I agree with Jill. That first one is wonderful. Fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete