Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 29 - exhausted and worn out

{29:365} worn out
I can't believe how tired I am. I guess its just mental exhaustion. Sitting at the hospital and dealing with all of that has made me so tired. I don't even know what day it is.

It was a good day in a way though. My Grandma woke up and was alert. In my opinion I got my wish. I wanted her to wake up so I could hug her and tell her I love you and to have her say it back, and that happened.

I am fully trying to prepare myself for her death but I know you can never be ready to let go of a loved one. I just don't want her in any pain and as a family that has been decided. Once they clear out one infection, she will be going home, as per her request. We will have hospice come in and help make her as comfortable as possible.

There is no chance of my Grandmother recovering and we have all accepted that, we don't want to but that is her reality. So, we will just continue to be there at her side.

She is a funny lady though.....I am so very blessed to have her in my life, and I totally know who I get some of my behaviors from!

the pic I took today is how I feel. tired and worn out. I don't have much time to think of other photos to take so I guess my pics will be boring for a few days, at least until I can get some good rest.

4 comments:

  1. you are still gorgeous!
    i lost my grandmother a year ago, and was so blessed to be able to say goodbye (among other sweet things). you are lucky to have this time, although it is so very exhausting and sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammie!! yeah its hard but I feel so blessed that I have had her in my life this long and the fact that I have gotten to tell her how much she has meant to me and how much I love her. Not everyone gets to do that and I feel so grateful for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TC< I've been MIA for the last couple of weeks, so I'm sorry I missed all this. I'm so sorry you are and your family are going through this, it's just a difficult and sad time. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Jill, thank you so much for the kinds words.

    ReplyDelete