Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 19 - El Drinko Mexicana

{19:365} hecho en Mexico


yeah, lets just say, I can't speak Spanish very well. Here's the thing though.....I can understand it, I can read it but I can't speak it so well. I took it in College. Actually my mom can speak it but of course she speaks Spanglish and so do her sisters, but all of my cousin can't speak it. We can say the curse words and say things like "sit down and shut up" "shut the door" haha Give a hint what all of our mom's said to us growing up in Spanish.


I actually feel sort of robbed. I am of Spanish descent and was adopted in a Mexican family but I was raised in an upper class primarily Caucasian city. My mom never really spoke much Spanish to me, and she was never a cook so I didn't get that yummy home cooking. I would when we would visit family, which was often but I am kind of bummed that I didn't have more of that. Most people call me a coconut, cause I am brown on the out and white on the inside! lol If you heard my voice you might laugh. I sound very valley girl, or so I have been told. I figure at one point I will do another video for this project. Then you all can hear me say things like, totally! I was teased awhile back cause I said gnarly. I was raised near the beach.....what can I say, dudes!


What does any of this have to do with the pic I took today? lol nothing really, its just the drink I took a pic of is made in Mexico. I love the look of the cap and the colors of these drinks but I am guessing I won't like the taste, Mexicans can make great beer, yummy Tequila and food but other type drinks, I do NOT like.

The colors of Jarritos are beautiful, vibrant, much like the country of Mexico. I think in the summer time I would like to buy all the different flavors and snap a shot in the nice hot sun.

I think I am just babbling, I am feeling a little under the weather today. not sure if its allergies or I am getting another cold. Lets hope its just allergies.


1 comment:

  1. A beautiful post and excellent photographs. Hope you are feeling better soon and please babble away I love reading your blog.

    Si

    ReplyDelete