Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14- Music

{14:365} Music is my religion



I find it strange when people don't like music. Is it possible to not enjoy music? I don't think there is anything else that can bring out so many emotions. You can really experience music...well, providing the band you are listening to can make that happen. Cause lets face it, some artists just can't give that to ya. I think a band that can sum up what I mean is sonic youth. You put on superstar or Theresa's sound world and you will feel that music.

I have loved music since I was a wee one. I had a very strict mother growing up but she let me listen to whatever I wanted. I think that was because she loved music so much that she understood the need to let me be my own person. I remember dancing with her around the house to all sorts of music from country, to r&b, to top 40 to even hardcore rock and roll. My mom's taste was all over the place. She for sure taught me to like what I want, and not be shy or embarrassed about my choices.

I may or may not fall into the music snob category. I just know I like what I like. I'm picky but since I was in dance for years growing up, I also like music I can get up and dance to, but I would have to say I fall into the indie and punk genre of music. I love the sound of bass and drums.


I have a few good friends that enjoy music as much as I do, its like we "get it" and we tend to giggle at those that just don't. There is one person that I can say is my musical soul mate, He's the one that gave the headphones and amp in the above pics. I can't imagine listening to music without a good set of headphones or ear buds. It really surprises me when I see people still using the earbuds their Ipods came with, its like yikes people. Honestly even if you got the cheap skull candy earbuds at Target for 16.00 you would be better off.


Here is just a quick list I put together, basically what I could come up with at the top of my head of bands that you will find n my Ipod:

Absent kid, The Adverts, Air Traffic, Alice Cooper, And you will know us by the trail of the dead, Andrew Bird, Arcade fire, Archers of Loaf, Architecture in Helsinki, Arctic Monkeys, The Automatic, B-52’s, baby shamble, Bad Religion, Band of Horses, Bat for lashes, Bauhaus, Be your own pet, The Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, The Bird & The Bee, The Black Angels, The Black Keys, Black Kids, Black Lips, Black Mountain, BRMC, Blackmail, The Blakes, Bloc Party, Blonde Redhead, Blondie, Blood on the Wall, Blue foundation, Blur, Bob Dylan, The Bravery, Brian Setzer, The Buzzcocks, Bjork, Cadilac Tramps, CSS, Cake Carbon/ silicon, Cat Power, Charlotte Gainsbourg, The Check, The Chemical Brothers, CCR, The Clash, Coconut records, Cold war kids, The cramps, The Cribs, The Cure, The Dandy Warhols, David Bowie, De Novo Dahl, Dead Kennedys, Death cab for Cutie, Death from Above 1979, The decemberists, Deerhoof, Dinosaur Jr., Dirty Pretty thing, The Distillers, Drive by Truckers, Duran Duran, The Duke Spirit, Eazy-e, eels, The Faint, Feist, The Fiery Furnaces, Flight of the Conchords, The Foxboro hot tubs, The Fratellis, Garbage, Giant Drag, Georgie James, The GO! Team, Goldfrap, Gore Gore Girls, The Gossip, Grand national, Grand Ole Party, The Gutter Twins, Hadsome furs, Hard-fi PJ Harvey, The Helio sequence, The Hives, The Holloways, Horrorpops, Hot chip, IAMX, Iggy Pop, Ima Robot, Imogen heap, Infadels, Interpol, Iron & wine, Japan, Jets to Brazil, Johnny Cash, Janis Joplin, Joy Division, Justice, Kasabian, Kate Nash, The Kills, The Killers, Kimya Dawson, Kings of Leon, The Kooks, The Libetines, Louis XIV, MIA, Mando Diao, Marilyn Manson, Metric, Mgmt, Modern English, The Misfits, Muse, My Morning Jacket, The National, NIN, Nine Black Alps, Of Montreal, Oxford Collapse, The Pigeon Detectives, Pop Levi, Portishead, Portugal. The man, The Postal service, The Ranconteurs, Radiohead, The Ramones, The Raveonettes, Regina Spektor, Rilo Kiley, The Romantics, The Sex Pistols, She wants Revenge, Shout out louds, Silversun pickups, The Smiths, social distortion, Sonic Youth, Stiff little Fingers, The Strokes, Superchunk, Taken by cars, Tilly & the wall, The Thermals, The Ting Tings, Teagen and Sarah, TV on the radio, The Vibrators, The Vines, Violent Femmes, The Von Bondies The Whigs, White Rabbits, white stripes, Whole sky monitor, wolfmother The yeah yeah yeahs

1 comment:

  1. Nice photographs and excellent headphones. I totally agree with you there is nothing like music to change your mood one way or another. I love your list of artists and could add the following: Enya, MJ, Scitti Politti, Queen, Lady Ga Ga to name a few.

    Si

    ReplyDelete