Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25 - Bob's big boy

{25:365} bank



This little bank is by far one of the best things I will ever own. I know I seem to have a trend of sentimental stuff here but that's just who I am. I love things that have meaning. I am not a superficial type gal. :) so back to the bank.


This little guy has sat on the top of my Grandmother's fridge for as long as I can remember. Its always held pennies in it. See, my Grandma loves playing penny poker, especially around Christmas time. Its usually her, 2 of my uncles, and my Grandpa that play. One time I was watching her play and she's a crack up, she has the poker lingo down. I actually heard her say "ok, down and dirty" I laughed so hard, and she calls the queens, Ladies.


Anyways, one day she told me I could have the bank and omg I was like hell yeah. First thing I did was text all my cousin's...saying, I am number 1, I got the bank. LOL. We all wanted it but yanno...her favorite got it.


I tried to clean him up but the bad part is part of his details started to rub off. I need to find some plastic cleaner that can get him nice and shiny.
I am not sure if any of you even know what Bob's big boy restaurant is, but it was a decent diner type place. I have a rather funny story about it. The little bank is a replica of the big statue that would stand outside of the restaurant. Well, my husband, his 3 brother and 2 of their friends decided they wanted to play a joke, and they stole the statue. My mother in law was actually totally ok with it, she thought it was funny, I guess when you have 4 sons that are always up to total boy things, nothing shocks you. She did make them return it but can you imagine an 8 foot Bob's big boy sitting in your front yard? hahah I tell you those guys were nuts back in the day.

2 comments:

  1. lol funny story, love it. Don't clean him up, to me that will rub some of the history and magic off, the marks are part of the wonderful story you told.

    Si

    ReplyDelete