Tuesday, January 5, 2010

day 5- scent

cigars {5:365}

Today I was cleaning and dusting, I stopped at the humidor and opened it up, cause I love to smell the inside. It actually brings back great memories.

Growing up, I met one of my dearest friends when we were 3 years old and ever since I can remember her dad has smoked cigars. he was the first man I ever knew with a goatee. he had it before it was the norm to have one. Even when I see him now, he's got a cigar in his mouth, and jazz playing in the background.

Granted I am not a huge fan of the smell of them while they are being smoked, but they still give me a nice childhood memory.

I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow and I am a little nervous about it, so I did a LOT of cleaning today to get my mind off things. I almost didn't take a pic cause I was so busy trying to keep my mind off things.

3 comments:

  1. My dad use to have one every Christmas day, I love the photograph and the story behind it.

    I hope its not to serious and good luck at the docs tomorrow.

    Si x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot, and wonderful story. I have the same warm feelings for the smell of a fresh pack of cigarettes. I hate them when they're being smoked, but when they're first opened they bring back memories of my parents when I was little.

    Good luck at the doctor today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have some on them in focus and some of them out of focus. I would love to learn this trick!

    ReplyDelete