Saturday, January 2, 2010

365 day 2- breathe



Just Breathe {2:365}

Here is some irony for ya, last night, I ate some black eyed peas. They are supposed to be eaten for good luck on New Years, right? I remember my husband's southern Grandma saying it will bring health, wealth and wisdom. Well, as you can note its 6:40am here in California and I am already posting a new pic. About an hour an a half ago, I woke up choking on pure acid. yep, I have acid reflux, those black eyed peas had bacon grease in them, so I am guessing that's what caused it.

I was in a deep sleep and I could feel myself choking and then I felt someone lift me up, I was half awake trying to catch my breath and I ran to the bathroom and proceeded to throw up tummy acid for about 10 minutes, which in turn caused me to have a full blown asthma attack.
(lovely, right?)

So my friends.........I ask, are black eyed peas good luck? Either way, here I sit, I've taken my meds and used my inhaler and just waiting to be able to lay back down so I can finally sleep, I had just gone to bed at 3:30am

5 comments:

  1. Oh no :( Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, not a good way to start the day. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know that Black Eyed Peas were meant to be lucky, I just thought they were a very good pop group!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon. You have lovely nails by the way, not like me who bites them to within an inch.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill- I am feeling a bit better, thanks :)

    Doris- yeah what a crappy way to start the new year! oh well, I will be fine.

    Si- yeah, I think its a southern thing. thanks for the compliment, for some reason my nails grow crazy fast, I never was a nail biter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn't sound fun at all. We ate Black Eyed Pea Dip. We eat them every year on New Year's Day.
    I take Zegerid for my acid reflux, I used to be hobbled over in pain because of it and don't have any more problems.
    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete