Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6- the boob exam

squished and lubed {6:365}

A couple of days before Christmas I did my usual self breast exam and I felt a lump. It had been hurting off and on, that's kind of why I did check out if there was anything there. I however have been giving myself the once over about once a month.

I of course called the Dr. and they made an appointment but told me to watch it cause women can get them around their period, and I had just had mine, however it didn't go away, I went in and sure enough its a lump.....the good thing, is it did seem to shrink a little. The pain is still there though, just not often. So they made an appointment today to get my very first mammogram an ultrasound on my left boob.

I will be honest, I have been nervous as all can be, I have HUGE boobs and I have heard that it hurts. HA! It didn't hurt at all. She had to get several shots of it too, cause my bewbies are so big! lol I then had to get the ultrasound on it as well, but that has now left me a little tender but nothing bad. I was hoping it was a cyst. However it is not, it is a tumor but that doesn't mean its life threatening. I find out tomorrow, I meet with the surgeon to discuss the results. I am thinking good positive thoughts, and like the lady said.......if its bad, we have caught it in time.

It made me happy cause they asked if the Dr. found it, I said nope, I did then the Dr. confirmed. She said they never get anyone that has found one on their own, its always the Dr. So ladies!!! check your breasts, or have your man do it ;)

Anyways....I don't feel as bad as I did yesterday. I think I am going to be ok. They don't allow you to take your stuff in with you, they actually give you a locker to lock your stuff up in, so this was all I could get, and that was with my cellphone. You get the basic idea of my morning.

btw....the Ultrasound tech said I should come home and take a pic of my boobs for my 365, I told her...um, this goes on the net, I'm thinking NO! she laughed.

hmm part of the pic is cut off, but you get the idea and you can always click the pic and it sends you to my flickr.

4 comments:

  1. Courage, it seems to have served you well. and good luck...... I will think positive thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The image is perfect. I hope it helped you to take the pictures today.

    I hope everything turns out well. Good on you for doing your self exams! I'll pray for your good health. Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First well done for being so in tune with yourself and your body, you have won half the battle. You have caught it early and thats almost the rest of the battle. Who can you tell I hear you say, you are a man. Well I was in a similar situation 10 years ago but instead of two boopies I had two tensicals!!!! I found a small lump and it was not a cyst. The rest is history.

    Chin up, keep smiling and please keep posting and taking photographs, with you every step of the way.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've caught this early. You'll be in my thoughts. And may you be an inspiration to other women to do their own exams. Such an important and simple thing for us to do for ourselves each month!

    ReplyDelete