Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 17- the hawkeye

{17:365} fake vintage advert

I love vintage cameras so much. I dream of having a shelf filled with cool old cameras. I found a couple of good ones on ebay and right now they just sit next to my husband's humidor on a shelf but I would like to have a few on a shelf in my scrapbook/craft room.

I have really started to love all things vintage. I just can't believe how they use to make things back in the day. It was true craftsmanship, I think.

I knew today that I wanted to snap a pic of my little Brownie Hawkeye but honestly I see pics everyday on flickr that are just so amazing of this same type of camera. At this point they are in the category of cliche shots. I figured I will just snap and see what I come up with. As I loaded my pics up, they all just seemed like they were snaps for an advert. so why not make it look like that. I knew Kodak had a slogan, had to look it up and how cute is that "you push the button, we do the rest." I like that. Untrue now a days but I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Quaility. I would love to get my hands on an old medium format camera, they look so inviting to use.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Si you should, they are rather cheap on ebay.

    ReplyDelete