Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30- Pan Mexicano?

{30:365} ¿quieres frutas o pan dulce

What a day. Its almost like groundhogs day. I wake up, I am so tired, I go to the hospital and before you know it, its time to leave. I come home, I literally just plop down in my bed.

Today visiting my grandma, they had her bipap machine off her for a little bit and she knew I was in the room with her so she kept calling for me, she only wanted me giving her water and ice chips. I guess I am gentle with her? I don't really know, but whatever grandma wants we have always given her and its my pleasure to give her whatever she needs and wants.

At one point it was me, my mom and one of my aunts in there with her and my mom showed her the scarf I knitted and she inspected it and told me I did a good job. lol then she asked my mom...well how cold is it out....my mom had on like 5 layers of clothes. not sure why but I laughed so hard. I had to share with them that me and grandma had insides jokes all the time and that was one of them at one point. My aunts didn't know that me and Grandma were pen pals, I told them.....yep, and I still have the letters!

Tonight we started talking about Mexican bread, which is really called pan dulce, I learned that on vacation in Mexico one year. Only Americans call it Mexican bread. I love it so much but I never get any. We don't really have those little markets around me. I think just one, not really sure. My aunts told that down the street there was a huge Mexican market, so after the hospital we cruised on over and got some bread. My mom treated since I have been driving her down every day. Its an hour ride for us to go down to see my grandma so I have been doing it so she won't have to. So I got 1 pink cookie, and 1 pineapple empinada! yum, I can't wait to have one in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. I love following your blog so much, your photographs are amazing and so full of colour and texture. Your blogs are both rich and personal and we are getting to know you so well.

    Thank you making me smile even more.

    Si x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaww that is so sweet! glad to make you smile. :D

    ReplyDelete