Friday, January 1, 2010

365 day 1 - Exploring

Put the needle on the record {1:365}

I was so excited to get out and take pictures today, but I woke up kind of late and a little buzzed from the night before! I can't believe its 2010, does that number look strange to anyone else?

After finally dragging myself out of bed, we got in the car and explored. Found this really cool abandoned house, it was truly awesome, junk everywhere. There was toys, bed, clothes, just random household stuff. I wondered what happened that it was just left like that. I sadly was having lighting issues, and by issues...I mean, I was getting frustrated as can be, total user error, then I kept hearing a buzzing sound......yeah..bees. um, I am allergic! No matter where I went I would see them swarm around me, it was rather funny after awhile.

I did manage to climb in the house and look around, it was all tore up but you could almost visualize what the house must have been like. we wondered if they were really short cause I am only 5'4" and I could almost touch the ceiling in some spots.

There was this beautiful window that was huge and I could imagine sitting there at Christmas time with a huge tree and it snowing! ha it doesn't snow here, but yanno....it was just imagination.

I settled on posting the above pic as my 365 because as soon as I saw it I squealed, a broken record player!!! I love music so much, I can't even begin to tell you. I also MISS vinyl. I use to love listening to the crackling sound. I am bummed I didn't keep any records but I know I can start collecting them now and just buy a usb record player, who knows maybe I will start (one day)

more photos will be on my flickr page of today ( I think, we'll see)

5 comments:

  1. wow what a find, I wish I could find an abandoned house, they are usually so rich in opportunities. Green with envy and I love day one photo, excellent use of depth of field.

    I've got about 50 vinyl records that were my Dad's which include 10 first edition Elvis LP's. Sadly nothing to play them on.

    On to day 2.

    Si

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, very vintage! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic - and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot. I love the vintage, how did you get that look.

    www.colabears.com

    ReplyDelete