Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 53- Rosary

{53:365} goodbye
I didn't know what I was going to take a picture of this day. Honestly, I haven't really been in the mind set to take a pics but I did snap the little pamphlet they pass out at the rosary/viewing. btw, she picked that one out. My grandparents had everything picked out, it made the arrangements very easy.

I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the viewing/rosary. Seeing dead loved ones has never really upset me ever. I know its just the shell they once were. She is gone, but its my grandma, the woman I loved with all of my heart and soul. I took a few deep breathes and walked in hand in hand with my mom. I looked at her in the casket and it didn't effect me as I thought it would. I loved seeing all the flowers that had been sent, she would have laughed at that. My grandma has a great sense of humor.

It was standing room only there at the mortuary chapel. My grandmother loved each and every person that was there. I watched so many come in and hug each of us and give their condolences. I did get a little emotional when they played the video collage of photos of her life, and her family, some pics made us cry, laugh and go aaww. One of my cousins had a hard time and broke down, the poor thing. Like I said, we were all close to her. she loved everyone in her life.

There is a reason My grandmother was my hero. I looked up to her for so many reasons. The picture above is one of my favorites out of the video. My grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment