Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 52- she loved purple

{52:365} purpleIts getting closer to the day of the viewing and her funeral. I am not ready for it. I have been doing good at dealing with it all though. I have had some great friends and of course I have such a wonderful family. I am surrounded by love.

The photo of the scarf is a gift I just started for my cousin. Its purple because, well she would look great in the color and because it was Grandma's favorite color, that and lavender. For her funeral we will all be in different shades of purple.

My cousin has a birthday coming up, on Weds. and right now is not only a hard time because she lost our grandma, but she lost two this last week. The day of her Dad's mother's funeral, our Grandma died. Talk about awful. My grandma was close to my cousin's other grandma, and I can't imagine the pain they are going through. My heart goes out to their family.

My last conversation with my grandmother was regarding the knitting I had been doing, and the crocheting I had been learning, she was proud of me, as she was with everything I did. She loved my work and believe it or not, even though she was nearly on her death bed she investigated my scarf and gave it the thumbs up, she told me to continue to use the talents I had. and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment