Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 141 early Birthday pressie

{141:365} handmade gifts are the best


When I was little my mom use to be so creative. She would do all sorts of projects, including home improvement stuff. I remember she re-did our kitchen cabinets, she made my bedroom curtains to match what I wanted, she even made me some dresses. I guess before I came along she was even more creative than that. I don't know what happened to my Mom, but that changed in her, its like that part just shut down. Perhaps it was the shitty husband she had, or 2 kids she had to raise, she also found herself having to go back to work after being a stay at home mom for 15 years. I miss that side of her.

However, when I started to want to learn to crochet, I think it made her so happy, she was buying me yarn and needles and helping me learn, she was coming over once a week and helping me out. I've always asked her if she would make me a blanket and she usually just laughs and says no. Well My Birthday is tomorrow but she won't be around so she said she would like to drop something off for me, for my bday. I thought hmm ok cause she already treated me to some stuff back in March as my early gift.

She left it for me cause I wasn't home and when I saw it I thought uh wtf is this, cause it was in a big bag, I opened it up and found the most beautiful blanket with such an awesome design. the edges are scalloped. She made me a blanket, FINALLY!!!! I was touched. I think gifts should be like that, thoughtful. I called her and told her I thought it was priceless. I will love it and use it always. I also said wow, Grandma would be so happy! haha

1 comment:

  1. The picture is lovely and the blanket looks even lovlier! I have just started crocheting a blanket (it's about 4 inches wide right now), so I know, this was a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete