Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 122- My loves

{122:365} 4 loves of my life +1
I've been having a hard time being happy with my 365 project. Luckily I have the support of a couple of people in my life and I know they want to see me happy and if this makes me happy they are behind me. It's just bleh sometimes, I am sure any of you who are doing this project totally understand.

So, I thought I would take a picture that ties into love. I love reading, that is not shock to anyone that knows me. I have 4 top faves, even though I love a lot of books, there are 4 that will always be special to me. If ever asked what is my favorite, I will always say 100 years of solitude, by far it was the hardest read but wow, what a beautiful written story.

The other love I have is for the special man in my life. :)

When we met, we hit it off well, we had lots to talk about, music, movies, life, jokes, it just seemed like we clicked right off the bat. We were friends instantly, there was never an uncomfortable feeling with him. He made me feel so different than any other person ever had.

He asked me what my favorite book was and I told him. About a week later he tells me he got the book and he started reading it. WOW! who does that? he wanted to know me, he wanted to see what kind of book I liked, he wanted to see what made my brain work. He was sizing me up to make sure I wasn't a ditzy girl! lol surprise! I got a brain. ahhaha but I've never had a person care about me that much. A man that would care enough to find out what I love to read and get close to me by reading that same book?......yeah, he really had my heart since then.


1. 100 years of solitude- even though the book is a very hard book to stick with, and the names are so hard to keep track of, the story itself is just beautiful, it's magical realism defined. I'm not sure I've walked away from a book with the feelings I had after this. I felt good after because it was so hard to get through and at times I hate the book but after is when I saw the beauty of it.

2. East of Eden- John Steinbeck is by far my favorite author, I started reading his stuff at a very young age. My mom went back to college when I was about 10 and she would have me read the same books she was reading, and that is when I fell in love with him. Of mice and men will always hold a special place, but East Of Eden is my favorite.

3. Like water for chocolate- Wow, just wow! This book made me embrace the fact that I am part Latina and became very proud of that. This story is so insane, sad and loving. I'm not sure everyone could love a story like this, but really haaha its such a Hispanic type story, its unreal.

4. The lovely bones- Such a sad story but written with such beauty. I liked this book for so many reasons but one that I will spoil for you if you haven't read it, you might not want to read on. Susie was murdered and some people don't catch on to one key part, and now that the movie is out it doesn't really give the explanation either. Susie in the end does get her revenge on the man that murdered her, at one point in the book she says her perfect murder weapon would be an icicle , and....years later the man that killed her died when an icicle hit him and caused him to fall down a huge hill. Justice was served (in a way)

No comments:

Post a Comment